Lights!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Tank still needs some work. I need to remove the one piece of wood still and get the **** filter intake to keep stuck to the side glass. I do have 4 Cardinal Tetras in the tank (they all are in hiding). I ended up getting a Beamworks (spelling?) LED. Also need to clean that glass and get my back covering on the tank. Looks like a tiny tank don't it.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Looks nice!

Is that some Eheim Classic green tubing I see there? Can't go wrong with that.

I've got a BeamsWork 48" 6500K LED on my 75g.

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Yup. I don't understand why it took me soooo many years to get a canister. I love it. Not all messy when trying to clean it like HOB.. Lights are nice. Need to get my timer working.

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
A good start, agreed. Adding more cardinals (aim for 8+), and a dark background (black construction paper works very well, I use this on my small and medium tanks), and some floating plants will bring out the cardinals. These fish occur in very dim waters and in fact have what one source terms a light phobia.

Byron.

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
I plan to add more once the tank gets cycled. I want a good group of them and I'll be putting some angelfish in (getting ~6 dime-nickel sized) to start. See if any pair off later, move a pair to another tank and rest to the LFS. I'd love to do clowns again, but not sure. I'll prob go with otto's and Corys for the bottom.

Would Rams be to nippy with the Angels?

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Real Name
Byron
I plan to add more once the tank gets cycled. I want a good group of them and I'll be putting some angelfish in (getting ~6 dime-nickel sized) to start. See if any pair off later, move a pair to another tank and rest to the LFS. I'd love to do clowns again, but not sure. I'll prob go with otto's and Corys for the bottom.

Would Rams be to nippy with the Angels?
What size is this tank?

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Real Name
Byron
65 Gallon
OK, a shoal of angelfish would work then. Angelfish may eat, or attempt to eat, cardinals [and before others start nay-saying this, it is a fact but not a certainty]. Clowns presumably means clown loach, and this tank is too small for them, unless a 6-foot or larger tank is in the immediate future.

The rams and angels can work, but assuming you mean the common blue ram, a temp of 80F or higher is best for this species. While the angels can manage with that [wild caught angels need this, but tank-raised fish are OK at normal temps around 77-78F] many corys cannot. The "warm" temp species like C. sterbai and a few others are OK.

Byron.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Wouldn't 6 angels be a bit much for 65g?

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Real Name
Byron
Wouldn't 6 angels be a bit much for 65g?
That is a good observation Joel. TBH, I missed the number previously. But now that you've mentioned it...here the fish are not "permanent," as there will certainly be pairs forming (assuming the six juvenile fish result in male and female of course) long before the angels are anywhere near their max size, and Nocturnus indicates the pair will be moved and the rest removed elsewhere. So in this case, it can work up to that point.

Byron.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store