Hello

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kentoverturf

Registered Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm not new to aquariums or to this site, but I never posted an intro. I've had freshwater fish and plants for 15 years or so, restarted a hobby that didn't get far when I was in my early teens - I left for summer camp for two weeks and all my fish had expired when I returned! Early this winter I had a heater malfunction and learned the wisdom of buying the right size heater - almost all my fish were dead. It took me a while to recover from that, but finally started buying some more fish. My big tank is 93 gal, 88 of which is water after I set up a 4" substrate in about 1/3 of the tank and a 2" substrate in about another third. The last third is for African Ferns - I have a few too many of those. I used to trade plants for fish at a local shop but that shop closed. Another shop uses Excel in their tanks which kills African Ferns, and no other places are interested in trading. I currently have an angelfish, 4 big and 2 small Siamese Algae Eaters, 4 koolie loaches, 3 corydoras, and 3 Serpae Tetras in the big tank, with 8 more Serpae Tetras finished with quarantine and waiting to transfer from the 46 gal and the 30 gal. I look forward to using this site more. I'd like to find another 1 or 2 more fish between the size of angelfish and Siamese Algea Eaters.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
What kind of fish are you into? Gouramis? Cichlids? Schoolers? Oddballs?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama