What to do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
My 3g picotope betta tank is looking ugly. What else can I do besides a planted tank? I'm tired of looking at a ugly tank and want to clean it up. The tank is where everyone can see it when they come over too. Plus it's time I've clean it up already. Got some ideas? The gravel in it is black so that's staying.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
What's wrong with the tank? Pic?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
Dead plants not enough light for plants and it has algae that I need to clean up. All it has is a small clay pot in it for a cave and a random piece of driftwood

Turbosaurus

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
Yonkers, NY
I know the feeling of trying to grow plants without proper lighting- a struggling plant is worse than none- they make a mess.

Do you have a cover? if not, try planting bog plants, non-aquatics - "lucky" bamboo, or pothos or peace lilly- they will all root in water

If you're not intersted in live plants there is plenty of decor you can use- fancy marbles (uggh) or even a plain river rock type scape.

You can probably grow Java moss, that stuff grows in the dark- cut a piece of dead azalea branch and use it to make the base and branches of a tree- when the moss grows in it will look great.

You can even go off the wall- I used to have a small tank that had a skull from some animal I found in the woods. It was very cool- and a bleached skull would look intense on a black sand substrate.

If you're a creepy kinda person who likes to freak out their friends, get an old baby doll, pull the head off, hot glue some rocks inside so it sinks and take one of its eyes out- I saw one of these after it grew some algae on it and it FREAKED ME THE F$&% OUT-

So what would you like to do? Your options are endless

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Yeah perhaps filterless. Some nice stones, perhaps some java fern. No need for an airstone too for betta tank. I've done that.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store