Help me please :( im new

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

charbel101

AC Members
Apr 27, 2014
I have a 80 gallon aquarium came with finished hood and 2 bulbs t8 lighting.. they are about 50 wat 25 wat per bulb 1 pink and 1 white my aquarium is 100x70x44 can i host some plants or no? i always wanted to host some plants

this is my tank with the lights on

and this is the 2 bulbs i have

i really need some help the thing that im scared of is that my aquarium height that if i want some easy plants it would be good?

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
You should be able to keep some low light plants without issue. Look into Anubias, java ferns, crypts, and some mosses.

Sent from my VS980 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Floating plants would do fine with that lighting, as well due to the closer proximity to the light.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I agree, if you have some tall hardscape like some rockwork and/or driftwood you'd be able to add some Anubias or mosses attached to that which would be closer to the light than something rooted in the substrate.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I'm not sure if anyone suggested this or not, but I have full T5 lighting on my tank and my plants LOVE me for it. Dunno if it's really the best but my hygrophila has 3ft leaves so I think that speaks for itself.

whitecatbite

AC Members
Apr 21, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Real Name
Auden
Usually, without a strong light, the lower parts of plants can end up losing their leaves, turning brown and rotting. I definitely think that raising up the plants so that they are closer to the top and maybe doing some floating plants. Water lettuce is nice!! Also it would look really cool if there was a tall piece of driftwood with java fern/moss and anubias!! wow!!!
Nice tank by the way!! I am jealous!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store