What are your favorite fish books?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

whitecatbite

AC Members
Apr 21, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Real Name
Auden
Hello!
I am searching for some good books about the aquarium hobby and I am wondering if any of you know of some good ones or if you would like to know of some good ones!
I am looking for a super thorough encyclopedia of freshwater aquarium fish-- with common names and characteristics etc...
Some of my favorite books (ones that I highly recommend) include:

Mini Aquariums, David Boruchowitz

Aquarium Plants, Peter Hiscock
Aquarium Owner's Manual, Gina Sandford
and
The Simple Guide to Freshwater Aquariums, David Boruochowitz
(Boruchowitz is a really fun read!!!)

What are some of your favorites?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
What was the book with the fish that was really colorful again? Oh yeah "The Rainbow Fish". lol, I don't remember most of the books I read about fish, just the information.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm quite fond of 'Exotic Aquarium Fishes' more commonly known as 'The Innes book'
I think I have the 2nd edition from 1935

Also the back to nature guide to Nano Aquaria by Fohrman is a great guide too.

at the end of the day, it depeneds on your tastes and interests; especially if you want reference information or just awesome photographs :)

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
My favorite is 'Bleher's Discus Vol. 1'.
After that is Dr. Paul Loiselle's, 'The Cichlid Aquarium'.
I have collected dozens of aquarium books over the years...most date back to when they were the only reference sources available.

Mark

whitecatbite

AC Members
Apr 21, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Real Name
Auden
Nice you guys!! Those all sound super wonderful!! What is the Innes Book like from 1935? I have a few older books myself and they are very cute-- lots of drawings of families huddled around aquariums- mothers with aprons and 50's haircuts!

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I have dozens of books I have collected over the years. But I think I look through my Aqualog's the most.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store