Nat Geo canister filter????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I haven't been in a Petsmart in a while, which seems to be exclusively selling them, so I didn't notice that either until I just did a quick search...as people on other forums have been saying, it seems like they are just re-branding some Eheim products.

SirMuffin

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
Saw some other things yesterday. Nat Geo also now has a line of aquarium and reptile tank decor. I was wondering the same thing about them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Saw some other things yesterday. Nat Geo also now has a line of aquarium and reptile tank decor. I was wondering the same thing about them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I saw that as well.

And if it is re-branded eheim, they need to drop the price a little. I mean from what I could tell I could buy a filter comparable from a trust major brand for the same price point.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
It's just a private label brand for Petsmart. Petsmart just licensed the name from NatGeo.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I saw a thread on this recently. It's yet another brand from one of the two conglomerates in the industry: United Pet Group, or Central Garden and Pet.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I saw a thread on this recently. It's yet another brand from one of the two conglomerates in the industry: United Pet Group, or Central Garden and Pet.​
I know for a fact that's not true. There is not a single Central Garden and Pet product in that aquatics mix. The only product that UPG makes for Petsmart under that brand is the 46 ensemble (that I have seen so far). Most of the aquatics products are coming from a large chinese supplier (that makes products for lots of companies). The canister filter and powerhead may be licensed by Eheim but are probably made in their chinese factory. Petsmart cut out the American companies and went straight to China.

Just to be clear. This is a PETSMART private label brand. Just like Top Fin, Grreat Choice, and All Living Things. You will only find these products at Petsmart.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store