FS Custom 200gal tall aquarium setup - San Luis Obispo, CA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvermeulen

Sucking up knowledge
May 18, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Real Name
Cam
Hello all. I posted this quite a while ago when I was living in CO. Now I'm in CA, and I still don't have room in my house for it! hope one of you fine folks wants it, as it was this site that inspired me to build it and provided most of the info I needed in the first place! The original build thread is actually in my signature, but since that original build I actually stripped the tank back down to bare wood and redid the entire think with fiber reinforced woven cloth. This tank was the first I built, but at the time I redid it, I had made 5 or 6 others since then, including my 600gal, and I wanted to go overboard on the construction - it even has woven cloth epoxy covering the entire exterior of the tank. You could take this thing for a voyage in the ocean if it were the right shape!

Approximate Dimensions are 66" long, 36" tall, 24" deep.

This is a fiberglass aquarium with a glass front (see photos). The tank was designed to fit in an alcove, so the two rear corners are cut off at an angle to allow room for plumbing. This makes a very nice installation with no visible wires or plumbing, without the hassle of an overflow/sump.

The stand is unfinished, and needs to be painted and have a front made if you wish to hide whatever is underneath.

The tank comes with:
Lights: 2x standard 40w 4ft fluorescent fixtures, currently using daylight plus bulbs. Low watt blue moonlights included in the light fixture for very cool looking night time illumination.

Substrate: There is ~250lbs of mixed eco-complete and some white river gravel. I also have several unopened bags of each to go with the tank. This is about $300 worth of substrate alone.

Heaters: 2x brand new 300w visitherm heaters. One heater is enough to keep the tank at 77F, the second is mostly just backup.

Filter: Fluval FX5 with custom plumbing to suit the built in hard piping on the back of the tank. There is provision for a second canister if needed but this filter is already significantly more than enough to filter this tank.

Fish: A small assortment of glo-fish, two tinfoil barbs, some neon tetras, and a couple of small plecos. We had just started stocking the tank when we found out we were moving.

Misc: Programmable lighting timer, Digital temperature display, several large rocks, a few live plants, and the custom fiberglass stone-look background shown in the photo. There is also a python water changer, a hydor LED lit bubble volcano, an air pump, and quite a bit of misc accessories like nets, airstones, magfloat glass cleaner, water conditioners, water analysis kits, and so on that I will throw in if desired.

Asking $1000 for starters but I will consider reasonable offers. I'm not incredibly familiar with market value here as I'm actually from Canada - please feel free to suggest me a good price

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store