What fish??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
A school of 6-8 cories. Or bolivian rams, german blue rams, or apistos. If you like adorable catfish say no more. Get some ottos!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
First, I'd like to congratulate you for taking the risk of keeping Neons and Angels together, despite what nay sayers like me think.

You could try other "peaceful" cichlids like Rainbows or Keyholes. Larger Barbs or Tetras, be picky because many are. Gouramis are another option, Dwarfs and Honeys are good. You have so many options; are you looking for schooling fish or fish to add interest?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Another option is a L400 pleco from vanillarum. Hes a member here and hes shipping.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Do you know the sex of the angelfish? If they are a mated pair, all may be well. But if not, you may be in for trouble as they mature. Angelfish should always be in a group of no less than four, though five is better, except for a mated pair. Kept as two or three when two or three are male almost always results in bullying leading to death of the subordinate fish. I have heard that females can do this too. Having a group spreads out this natural behaviour and the fish usually (should) form their pecking order and be fine. The more angels, the better this succeeds.

Again, not knowing the size of the angelfish now, it is difficult to say if the neons will survive or be eaten. Linear fish are frequently targetted by angels as food once the angels are large enough. It is a natural instinct.

Angels being sedate fish, as are neons, you do not want active fish buzzing around the tank, so this eliminates barbs and danios. Rasbora and characins are better tankmates, though not all of them obviously. Substrate fish are generally fine.

Byron.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Another school of 10-15 tetras. Depending on what color you want to add.

Black== Black Phantoms, Black Neons
Yellow/Silver==Diamond Tetras, Lemon Tetras, Brass Tetras.
Redish== Rosy Tetras, Red Phantoms, Harlaquin Rasboras (yes, I know they are not tetras).
Purple==Emperor Tetras.

ect.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Is this a "corner" tank? Supposing the angels are smallish yet, you may be ok with neons but they are a natural food for angel adults. IF they are smallish, they may not be 2 males that grow up to fight, 2 females or 1 of each may be mellower. But cichlids are kind of hard to guess how yours will act, they tend to be territorial especially as breeding adults.

A bristle nose pleco may work or a school of 6-8 corydoras & as tanker said, some of the deeper bodied tetras or rasboras would be good. Gouramis are very iffy with angels, honeys are too small & shy IMO.

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
I had the neons in the tank first then introduced the angels and I have never had a problem.
I like the idea of some German blues or some Cory's.
I'm looking for something that will draw attention but not too much away from my angels. What kind of Cory's look the best?
Could I do a pair of German blue rams and a school of Cory's or is that to much ground activity?

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
And no gouramis I've tryyed to keep them with other fish and once they established territory bounds they attacked other fish so gouramis is a no for me.
I do believe I have a pair of angels. They haven't really started any breeding or anything but they seem to be a pair.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store