Possibly concerned about molly fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
A week ago I had purchased a molly from petco but I chose to bring her back this weekend. But she dedicded to have her babies on thursday, two days before going back to the store. When I collected the fry up after I found them I counted 17. Both mom and fry temporarily shared a 2 gallon for a few days until mom went back to the store. Thursday night I lost 2, Friday I lost 1. So I was down to 14. I didn't really think much of it since im pretty sure she gave birth prematurely. So I didn't really take a good look at the dead fry.
On saterday evening I moved them into a 7.5 steralite tub for a grow out tank until they went to their new homes. I didn't loose any fry the night after the move, or during sunday.
Today when I got home and checked on the fry I didn't see any one dead. But a few minutes ago I looked in their tank and saw a dead baby :(. This time I decided to look at the fry to see if I could tell what happened. It looks as if there a white spot on its head and possibly its gills. As far as I can tell non of the fry have anything like that, and they couldn't have caught it from my other tanks since no one else has this problem. Could it be fungus? Or is it possible that I over feed him and his body was there a bit and turned white?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store