I'm not too familar with the Python hose system

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
Probably need to buy the whole thing. Depending on what your missing though you may be able to find something at a hardware store or something not made specifically for a python online.

Sent from my VS980 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
I'm not sure I follow what you lost. The picture in the link is the faucet attachment, and it does not come apart (unless it broke, and then you would need a new one).

Are you referring to the white adapter that screws into the green faucet attachment and also into the faucet? This is used for faucets with internal rather than external threading. I used to use this with my former kitchen faucet, but the adapter stripped threads readily and was a real pain. I now use the laundry sink faucet which has external threads like a garden faucet.

Byron.

FishyMooMoo

AC Members
Feb 16, 2011
I may be mistaken but it looks like the model I have can be screwed apart. I don't know where it went :(. I'd hate to go back to carrying 5 gallon buckets.

bPnRI4N.jpgO6W0FRK.jpg

bPnRI4N.jpg O6W0FRK.jpg

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
I may be mistaken but it looks like the model I have can be screwed apart. I don't know where it went :(. I'd hate to go back to carrying 5 gallon buckets.
That seems to settle it, you will need to get a new faucet attachment, as was shown in the amazon link. I did not know these came apart like this...I am now using an Aqueon faucet attachment (these fit the Python) so I can't check. And that reminds me, you might want to get an Aqueon attachment, I have found it to be more sturdy and less likely to break.

FishyMooMoo

AC Members
Feb 16, 2011
It looks like I'll just have to order it. I'll research the Aqueon. My tanks are long overdue for a change but just thinking about doing it manually makes my back ache.

I'll check the hardware store tomorrow to see what I can fashion up.

Thanks, everyone.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If you go to the hardware store, you may want to look for something like a waterbed drain and fill kit...

(something like this

Or just replace the python pump, they're not too expensive, and should be comparable to buying a replacement.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed

View attachment 212681View attachment 212682
you are missing the faucet adapter( suggest replacing the pump) the adapter is screwed in with an allen head wrench..mine comes loose all the time with it being plastic I suspect the heat along with putting it on and off the faucet is the culprit.. I've gotten into the habit of checking the fitting every time I do water changes.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
If you go to the hardware store, you may want to look for something like a waterbed drain and fill kit...

(something like this

Or just replace the python pump, they're not too expensive, and should be comparable to buying a replacement.
thats what i used in the past.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store