Food Question.?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mickey

AC Members
Mar 25, 2003
Ireland
www.setbb.com
I am curious to know how much you guys spend
on feeding your fish per week-month,
do you buy on line or from your LFS?
Does anyone feed their fish with food items
from the household?
Or does anyone have any other novel ideas
on cutting back on the food bill.
It's just that these last few years the food
seems to have become really expensive.
absolutely nothing to do with having more
tanks and fish of course.
Thanks for the info guys.:rolleyes:

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
I buy all my foods online and have been doing this for a few years now. I buy cheap and in bulk as I have many fish and many tanks to look after. Even if you dont buy bulk, you still save money. Yes there is shipping and handling to worry about but I always buy my food when I am shopping for other aquatic items so the S&H charges are minimal compared to my purchase.

Anyway I save a bunch doing this and have to order food every 4-5 months or so. ;)

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
well I buy my fish food from walmart and I also have fed my Jd and my pleco lettuce but right now I feed my fish worms

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I usually buy from the LFS because I like to visit to see what's "new". Am curious though, could I save money by buying online? AFG, where do you buy online.....Big Al's?

johnnyxxl

fishy friend of many
Mar 1, 2004
western NC
Visit site
I have wondered about buying food online mostly the nicer foods rather than the staple foods. like the flakes as I only pay a few dollars for the staple flakes from sera san color enhancing, and tetra flakes. I also feed dried bloodworms which the love. Thinking about frozen foods but not sure yet.

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
I do buy online, never from BigAl's. Despite the fact that they have "cheap prices", it seems to take them a whole 7 business days to ship to me (in MICHIGAN) and they have ripped me off several times. I order from Drs. Foster & Smith and have been for over a decade now. Drs. F & M don't steal from me and ship to my house within 3 days. Amazing huh. :)

Anyway, as I said it pays to order online IF you are ordering other things along with the initial purchase. I only need to order food 2 or so times a year so it really works well for me.

Johnny- fish do like other foods besides flakes and as for the bloodworms, they are best if you get them frozen and not freeze-dried. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store