Dirt tank: can I use Fluorish Comprehensive for the leaves?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Steven 1

AC Members
Feb 27, 2014
MA
Hi. Lets broaden the subject: does anyone with an MGOCPM + sand cap use any micro ferts in your tank? What am I not understanding?

Thanks.

Steven 1

AC Members
Feb 27, 2014
MA
Yeah, I have 3/4 bottle left from before I put in the MGOCPM. I'm not very well-versed in how things work, and I'm thinking that the substrate is helping plants with heavy root activity and maybe the previous dose of Flourish Comprehensive every week would do some good for leaf-active plants. Instead of waiting until it dries out :)

Also, the way I understand it, eventually the plants will exhaust the substrate of ferts and I will have to start dosing (my substrate is now, in a 10g tank, 1" of MGOCPM and 1" of Petco black sand). I have some KSO3 or some similar K compound. At that point I will certainly do dry. But thanks for the pointers.

Steven

Steven 1

AC Members
Feb 27, 2014
MA
Thanks for the advice. So I guess I will start dosing Comprehensive tomorrow. A very small amount in a 10 gallon tank. I bought the Potassium dry and there's enough for 10 years with my current setup. It was very inexpensive though. Anyway, I'll check out your store.

Steven

Steven 1

AC Members
Feb 27, 2014
MA
A very long time ... Another related question: I would love to know whether the micros in the MGOCPM go into the water. And if so, is there a possibility of an overdose?

I am changing 50% of the water every week. Maybe I should cut down on the amount of water that I'm changing... Thank you.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
A very long time ... Another related question: I would love to know whether the micros in the MGOCPM go into the water. And if so, is there a possibility of an overdose?

I am changing 50% of the water every week. Maybe I should cut down on the amount of water that I'm changing... Thank you.
it is possible that some might get into the water column. the whole point of ei is put enough in the water that the plants then clear each week with a 50% water change. i wouldnt worry too much about over dosing. you can always start off with half and work your way up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store