HELP ME PLEASE ! :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

charbel101

AC Members
Apr 27, 2014
[HR][/HR]Hello guys i did setup my 80 gallon from like 1 month ago i have 2 big driftwood in the tank and sand and 1 java moss tied it to a driftwood i was adding some fish food flakes and i did a test from a couple of weeks and i saw some little nitrates and little nitrite then after a while i added 1 biodigest bacteria with some fish food flake for more bacteria to make sure that i have bacteria in the tank now after a couple of days of adding them i did a test today for nitrate and nitrite and they are both 0..? what does that means please help
as i understand that they cycle need to be finished i need to have some nitrate and then water change and done what's happening it could possible my java moss took all the nitrate? and my cycle finished ..?

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
you say nothing about ammonia levels. Are you testing for ammonia?
You should have seen ammonia, and nitrite before any nitrate..

What kind of test kit are you using to test your water?

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
^are you testing correctly? Cycling with plants won't zero out your levels and keep them so. And what the hell is biogest, or however? Why do folks keep using jump-start products........no offense intended I just see many threads with problems because of these products.

Again, no offense. :cheers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store