how to achieve good water circulation in planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AqEnthusiast

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
i have 100 g pressurized CO2 tank with EHEIM 2217 canister..

i need to provide more water circulation than what 2217 output provides as otherwise some parts of the tank are not getting enough water movement (absolutely stand sill not moving plants and helping algae to grow)..

how to provide good water circulation in planted tank such that it wont have too much surface agitation ? do you use any kind of "wave maker" ? else how to do that..

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
Or add a second Eheim 2217 or similar. That filter is just not powerful enough by itself to get the job done.

AqEnthusiast

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
Thank you thank you thank you everyone. . What a power of online forums. . never heard of koralia and now I know. . I am going for it. . Just two queues:

1. 750 or 1100 or 1500 ?

2. will this not create much surface agitation? Won't that be bad for co2 containment?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HybridHerp

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
New York (Long Island)
Thank you thank you thank you everyone. . What a power of online forums. . never heard of koralia and now I know. . I am going for it. . Just two queues:

1. 750 or 1100 or 1500 ?

2. will this not create much surface agitation? Won't that be bad for co2 containment?

I use two 750 but that's just because I like a tom of flow in crossing directions. It's probably overkill.

You can aim it downwards, it doesn't have to be pointed at the surface. I inject co2 in my tank as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

AqEnthusiast

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
Surprising updates...

From hydor koralia site it seems they have pumps region wise.. meaning no 100-240 v range we have generally so that it works cross countries and hence 750 is not for india 230 v 50 hz electric outlets. . That's okay. . I need to go for 3200 or 4400.. But. . From the site and from amazon and ebay it seems koralia does not ship to India for whatever reason I don't know !!! Never faced any such thing earlier as I do order from amazon or ebay..

Any online purchase site you know which can send this to India (this is not a good question I know, but still, hopes are ever alive especially in hobby : ) Or any other good suggestion for such pumps?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store