Mafia 2014-- #2 The Sign Up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
1) Game members only please in this thread. Watching is encourgaed, but please do not post ideas, theories or anything else. You could have signed up, but nooooo.

2) This is a game. What is said in the game, stays in the game. There will be accusations, incriminations, etc. But it's a game.

3) When I declare it to be night, please don't post until I state "Game On".

Game Mechanics

1) Each 'day' everyone in the town can vote to lynch someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… "I vote to lynch so and so". If you change your vote, you need to state so, also in bold, such as..."I retract my vote on XXX"

2) Whoever has the most votes gets lynched. If you have two and everyone else has one vote… you get lynched.

2a) If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will randomly decide which of those gets lynched.

3) You may not vote to lynch no-one or yourself.

4) If you aren't active for two day/night cycles… then you will pass away from some strange (probably embarrassing) illness that I will give you.

5) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances.

6) You can say whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' with my PM to you.

Anyone can declare themselves the detective, indeed, I've seen mafia do so quite effectively for a short time.

The mafia win when there is the same number of mafia as innocents. They can control the lynching then.

The innocents win if they lynch all the mafia.

If you have any questions, PM me. If it's important to all, I'll post it.

1) No one... except the mafia... is to discuss the game outside of the thread. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think townhall rather than internet chat room.

2) DO NOT USE MY PM'S TO PROVE YOUR INNOCENCE

3) THIS GAME IS NOT TO BE DISCUSSED ON OTHER SITES, THREADS OR CHAT, UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER.

The Mayor...works to find the Detective so they can rid the town of Mafia. The Mayor can PM me once each night with their suspicions and I will confirm the role the person is playing. Once the Mayor/Detective learn who they are, they can PM one another. Their efforts should be to get the townspeople to lynch the Mafia. Once the Mayor/Detective start communicating, the Mayor doesn't get anymore investigations.

The Detective...investigates the townspeople to confirm Mafia identities and find the Mayor. The Detective can do one investigation each night by PM to me and I will confirm the identity. Once the Mayor/Detective learn who they are, they can PM one another. Their efforts should be to get the townspeople to lynch the Mafia.

The Doctor...has the ability to protect one person each night. They do this by sending me a PM at nightfall on who is to be protected that night. Be sure to protect the right person, Doctor! The Doctor can protect their self only on nights when the Doctor has no votes to be lynched by the towns folks.

The Vigilante...a total wild card...he can kill once per game by sending me a PM at the start of the night.

The Don...has total control of the Mafia. He will PM at the beginning of the night with the Mafia's choice of who gets hit. He can do three investigations to me by PM, one a night, in his efforts to find the Mayor, Doctor, Detective, or Vigilante. Should the Don be lynched, each of the remaining Mafia will have to PM me, and I will break any ties. The Mafia members can communicate with one another.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
I'm in.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Hmmm...wiz is in and Kashta too....let's not read between the lines! :nilly:

Thanks folks....once again, sorry for the delay. But between internet issues and full blown summer calling for definition to the tan lines, what's a normal person like me supposed to do? :cool:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
This...

The Doctor...has the ability to protect one person each night. They do this by sending me a PM at nightfall on who is to be protected that night. Be sure to protect the right person, Doctor! The Doctor can protect their self only on nights when the Doctor has no votes to be lynched by the towns folks.

Should read...

The Doctor...has the ability to protect one person each night from the lynch/hit. They do this by sending me a PM at nightfall on who is to be protected that night. Be sure to protect the right person, Doctor! The Doctor can protect their self only on nights when the Doctor has no votes to be the final lynched by the towns folks.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I'll bite.

A couple questions/clarifications:

1) Do the mayor and detective both get full investigation results until they find each other? And at that point the mayor just becomes a normal communicating innocent?

2) So if the doctor "saves" a lynch, does this result in a "no lynch" situation for the night? Additionally, they can't protect themselves even from just the hit if they have any final votes on them?

3) Does the vigilante factor into the counts for either win scenario? In the way past they were described as a "wild card" but the role gradually migrated towards a town-leaning role and almost always counted towards the town's number.

4) Does the Don absolutely have to send in names for the hit, including changes? If the Don is killed, do all of the remaining mafia have to submit a name? I'm asking mainly because recently most mafia teams communicate via offsite forum, and it's generally been implied that targets are identified through a consensus regardless of whether a specific (i.e. the Don) player makes that known to the mod or not.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
See below....[

QUOTE=jpappy789;2897399]I'll bite.

A couple questions/clarifications:

1) Do the mayor and detective both get full investigation results until they find each other? And at that point the mayor just becomes a normal communicating innocent? YES

2) So if the doctor "saves" a lynch, does this result in a "no lynch" situation for the night? YES Additionally, they can't protect themselves even from just the hit if they have any final votes on them? If the Doc is the chosen lynch, the protect they may have used on them self will not work. But the protect from a hit would work.

3) Does the vigilante factor into the counts for either win scenario? In the way past they were described as a "wild card" but the role gradually migrated towards a town-leaning role and almost always counted towards the town's number. Timeline of affects for the night will be posted...at anytime during the timeline the game ends, game over.

4) Does the Don absolutely have to send in names for the hit, including changes? YES If the Don is killed, do all of the remaining mafia have to submit a name? YES I'm asking mainly because recently most mafia teams communicate via offsite forum, and it's generally been implied that targets are identified through a consensus regardless of whether a specific (i.e. the Don) player makes that known to the mod or not.[/QUOTE]

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Thanks Rb...but for #3 I was more so wondering if the vigilante is considered an innocent or not in terms of numbers. For example, if there are 3 innocents, 3 mafia, and 1 vig left is it game over (3-3-1) or is it still ongoing (4-3)? The way the role is written it seems like the former, but in the past we've largely played with the vig as a townie in terms of numbers and intent.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store