Molly Fry Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
I had gotten a molly from petco and was going to return her because I couldn't keep her. Well two days before we were going to bring her back she decided to have her fry. I ended up with 17 little babies. But because they were premature and I wasn't really prepared ive lost 9 fry leaving me with 8 currently. But the ones left seem healthy as far as I can tell. Today their 3 and 1/2ish weeks old.
Currently im feeding them frozen BBS and have been since they were born. I think once their a month old im going to start supplementing some of the BBS with some crushed flake food so hopefully the all make it. As for housing their currently temporarily in a divided 10 gallon. 1/3 is for my vt betta and the other half is for the fry. But I do have a spare 7.5 steralite container for them if I want to move them or if they need their own space of a full tank.

Any ways my question is how long do you think it will take them to reach 1" long?

Also do you have any suggestions or tips to help my fry grow and or survive?

These are my fry yesterday. The pics aren't great but it was clowdy and my camera didn't want to focus on them well.
Fry 10.jpg

Fry 11.jpg

Fry 12.jpg

Fry 13.jpg

Fry 10.jpg Fry 11.jpg Fry 12.jpg Fry 13.jpg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
You can feed them crushed flakes now. Live-bearer babies can eat crushed flakes at about 1+ week old.

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
Ik but I had left over BBS and itwas a bit easier to feed the that for now lol

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
They need algae or veggies in their diets. You may want to get some spirulina flakes or even 1/4 of a blanched green pea will work. The better the food and more room the faster they grow. My molly fry, haven't had any mollys in some time, top an inch at 6 weeks as I feed live BBS, microworms and use spirulina flakes or algae rocks I grow outdoors.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store