Got some crystal red shrimp today!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
My LFS is asking ridiculous price for CRS, like $15 per shrimp! Is this what they go for?

IMAG1260.jpg

Well, I finally found a local breeder and got them for $2 each. They look really nice, I just got them!. Hoping they breed as easily as my RCS. I hope they don't cross breed though. I'm going to make the crystals the main shrimp in my tank. The RCS are low grade and are not that colorful. Will reduce them by feeding them to my bigger fish. They love RCS!

IMAG1261.jpg

IMAG1260.jpg IMAG1261.jpg

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Good! And it came with some kind of moss that I don't have. Will put that on a small rock.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Crystals--all caridinas--are WAY fussier than neos like red cherries. I kept both in the same 10g for several months and all seemed well, everybody was breeding....and apparently I slacked off on maintenance or something funny happened to the well water and over a few weeks the crystals just disappeared while the neos, actually pumpkins not cherries, carried on as before and no problems. Just a suggestion to keep a sharp eye on the pH and other parameters. Good luck. :)

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Yeah I've read the crystals are more sensitive to poor water quality. I will make sure to keep up with WCs. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

coeus

AC Members
Nov 12, 2009
Those shrimp look awesome, wish i could find a breeder like that around here

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store