New plants!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aparker2005

AC Members
Apr 15, 2007
Arkansas
Hey guys! Got my low tech 55 gallon started today finally! My new lights (Coralife 10,000k 65 Watt x2) also came in.

I purchased wisteria, swords, Java fern, and Java Moss.

Picked up api root tabs, Flourish, and excel as well.

I put 2 root tabs near my 2 swords, and added a cap full of flourish and excel.

My lights are on a timer from 5 am to 9 am, and 5 pm to 9 pm. This schedule works for me during the week because of my work schedule. Is this okay? I am off on Fridays through Sundays, so do I need to keep this schedule or can I adjust on weekends?

Also what schedule of each fertilizer and excel should I dose? And do I need any of the other flourish products such as iron or potassium? Any info would be appreciated as I killed all of my plants last time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I dose a small amount of liquid carbon every day to be consistent. I dose Metrocide 14 which has the same active ingredient as Excell, about 4 mm/day in my 40 gallon, so that'd be about 5-6 mm/day in a 55g.
Excell is less concentrated however so maybe 8 mm/day would be appropriate. You might start out a little lower than that an see how it goes.
Nice looking setup, by the way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store