55Gal tank- Foggy..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChaosBlizzard

AC Members
Apr 18, 2004
Visit site
I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank and after being setup it started getting foggy after about 1 week of operation, with no fish.. My filter system is the Magnum 350 Canister Filter. I have it setup using the blue Rite-Size filter sleeve over the carbon container. This filter has no by-pass, all water goes through the filter medium.

Thanks,
Chaos

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
I got aquestion for u is the water moving on both sides of the tank cause I had the same type of problem cause their wasn't enough water movement

ChaosBlizzard

AC Members
Apr 18, 2004
Visit site
Yes my rocks were rinsed very well a few times under cold tap, and in a bucket. Also the water does have a current, you can see this by the waving fake plants and by the particles moving back and forth, such as fish food. However I also see things pass the filter and not get sucked up. But there is plenty of water coming out the "exuast" so I take it that its working right.

johnnyxxl

fishy friend of many
Mar 1, 2004
western NC
Visit site
you say the tank is foggy do you mean the water or the glass itself. I would wonder if maybe you have mineral in the tap water thats showing up. Try letting the filter be off and see if it starts to clear up.

ChaosBlizzard

AC Members
Apr 18, 2004
Visit site
This towns water is going through an ionic water filtration plant, it doesnt use chemicals of any kind for filtration. Its the only plant of its kind in orange county. And the old pipes were replaced with new ones about 1 year ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store