Help stock my 50 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
I am trying to figure out what to do with my in wall 50 gallon tank. It measures 36x18x18, pretty much a 40 breeder but taller. I am kind of limited on tank size since its in a wall of a closet that is only so big. 3 feet long is as much as I got. I also have really hard water and keep losing most tropical fish during QT. The tanganyika fish I already own in another tank are fine though. So hence why this 50 gallon tank has to remain 50 gallons and why I need to do Rift Lakes because of my hard water.

I want to do a colorful tank, and I know I have to stick with dwarfs because of the small footprint.

Option 1: 12-18 Ps. Saulosi (from what I read they get to 4" and are aggressive)
Option 2: 6 Rusty Cichlids and 6 Yellow Labs (Rusty's are 4" and labs are 5" but both are supposed to be considered peaceful outside there species and only mildly aggressive to there own)
Option 3: You tell me?? ( I am willing to do another Tanganyika tank as long as its colorful)

Will option 2 work? I know its 2 species in a small tank but both species are supposed to be much more peaceful then Ps. Saulosi which everyone typically suggests for small tanks.

Probably doesn't matter but this is what they have waiting for them.

IMG_0768.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store