Poso Rabbit Snail Symptom Before Dying (Please See My Video)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eozen81

AC Members
May 13, 2014
Hi all,

I wanted to share an experience with Poso Rabbit Snails with a supporting video below. I have been feeding Poso Rabbit Snails for a while. I have got adult poso snails which give also birth in my tank + 3-5 cm snails + 1-2 cm baby snails.

Even though it looks there is no problem in general about my tank and my rabbit snails look fine for a long period, there comes a time and I see a poso snail stops crawling and I observe some pieces coming out of it's mouth or head as you can see in the video. After I see these pieces unfortunately that poso rabbit snail dies 1-2 days after.

So I am sure these pieces are Symptoms before dying. Anybody observes a similar issue and know the reason why this might happen? :confused:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAOJWsAvvZE

[YT]yAOJWsAvvZE[/YT]

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I really couldn't tell from your video what exactly that was but it is very common for Sulawesi snails to be infested with leeches which eventually causes their deaths.

I am sorry for your loss.

eozen81

AC Members
May 13, 2014
Thank you for your reply. I am sending you a below screenshot from my video that you can see the pieces that coming out of the poso. Once you see this kind of pieces you can make sure it's very probable that you will lose it as I did.

eozen81

AC Members
May 13, 2014
No, I am not talking about any leeches or bugs, it's poso's pieces coming out from inside as it'sa symtom that it's gonna die soon.

I do not have any leeches in my tank only ordinary snails which has no harm at all.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I'm sorry I just cannot find anything that can explain what is happening with your snails. I do wish you luck and hope that you figure out what is going on.

eozen81

AC Members
May 13, 2014
Thank you my friend.

I only shared my experience here that if any poso owners see something strange coming out of their poso snails, they can suspect this my issue and expect to lose it soon. I wish I had known the cure if there is at that stage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store