Bristlenose with puffy snout?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

justahannah

Fascinated newb
Jul 29, 2008
Tacoma, WA
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Hannah
It's been a long time since I've been on, but I'm not sure what to make of this. I have a male albino BN that I've had since he was a juvenile in 2009, he and my female have been a very consistent breeding pair for the last 3-4 years (new batch of babies about every other month, last batch just left the cave a couple weeks ago), in an established, well planted 75 gallon tank (stock in signature). I don't have a testing kit anymore, but I do fairly consistent water changes (50% every couple-few weeks), no apparent aggression from the other fish, no new additions in the last year, and all other fish are looking/acting normal. BN is also acting normal, but his snout is puffy looking. The swelling seems consistent all across the snout and within the boundaries of his bristles. Has anybody seen this before and should I be worried?

Eta: Looks like the signature update didn't take before posting, the stock is 1 angelfish, 7 diamond tetra, 5 bronze cories, 4 otos, breeding pair albino BNs, and 1 bamboo shrimp.

20140729_192903.jpg

20140729_192903.jpg

justahannah

Fascinated newb
Jul 29, 2008
Tacoma, WA
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Hannah
Bump! It's been about a week, I've done another water change in the meantime (always use Prime for my dechlor), and no change for the better or worse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store