More Tank updates 5g,20g,37g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
It's been awhile since I posted anything so why not an update! My tanks been doing great bright green plants make me happy along with bright colored fish. :D

5g Update:
Stock: 3 Fire Red Cherries 1 Ramshorn snail
I haven't been able to find anymore Fire Reds for awhile, I did at one point, but wasn't going to spend $7 each per shrimp from a different store. I spend $4 on mine from work. I might mix CRS or Yellow shrimp with my Fire Reds is that possible? I can't think of a small fish that won't harm he shrimps either, any ideas?

20g update:
The light on the tank decided to die on me, so I have a small LED light on it till I can get a new bulb for the old light. Fish and shrimp are going strong no fighting or anything.

Stock: 1 Male Pearl Gourami, 15 Neon Tetras, 2 Kuhli Loaches(survivers from a school of 5 from the 37g), 1 Hillstream Loach(Yes I still have him, been about a year now since I got him for a 10g), 1 young Male Guppy, 1 Female Showa Koi Swordtail and 4 large Japanese Marsh Shrimp(Caridina Japonica)

I've kept neons in the past but kept only 5-6 and never seen them exploring the tank, with the 15 neons I have now, they are scattered across the tank exploring and eating stuff off plants and driftwood along with my other fish in the tank. My male Pearl had brighten up in color and his fins are now starting to branch out, when I bought him a little over a month ago, he was light in color and his spots weren't very bright. He was almost brownish white and missing a feeler. His feeler grew back and his color improved greatly! I love this fish and glad I got him!

37g update:
After the mass die off in my tank I was left with very few fish that I rehomed most expect a few Catfish and a few other fish that I moved into it from my 20g.
Stock: 15 Harleqiun Rasboras, 2 young Silver Zebra Angels, 3 SA bumblebee Catfish, 4 Platies(1M/3F), lone Corydora(the whole school died off) and 1 Flying Fox(SAE)

This tank for some odd reason will not clear up, it is cloudly. I did a few water changes which cleared it up a bit.. Then found out my cat likes to drink out of it, least she doesn't eat my fish. The rasboras seem to be happier in the larger tank and move all about the tank and are brighter and larger then most I've seen, pushing 1 1/2-2" on some.

Thats all the updates I have for now. But in the coming weeks I'll be updating my tanks in this post. But first I might see if I can get some more shrimp Special Ordered for me soon from work.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Good update! Glad to hear you're in good spirits :thumbsup:

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
A small update. My 37g was cloudy for a month, I rinsed the filter and I took about 1/2 of sludge off the carbon refill, gross. then a few hours later the started to clear up and now has a new filter refill and tank is now clear and bright! I have pics of my two large tanks I'll post them later!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I ended up buying a betta for my 5 hex, I didn't want to buy one but I couldn't resist this HM Plakat I saw. He just caught my eye and bought him. He's roaming around the 5. The doesn't have a heater, but the temp stays around 72-80(room temp)from what I read on the thermostat I have in the tank.
Here's a few pics of the 5g Hex and of the new guy:
IMG_2617.JPGIMG_2618.JPGIMG_2622.JPGIMG_2626.JPG

Since I haven't put up pics of my other tanks in awhile:
37g: Before and after (Yes I know the water level is low)
IMG_2543.JPGIMG_2579.JPG
20g: (along with pics of the show fish)
IMG_2564.JPGIMG_2631.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG IMG_2618.JPG IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2626.JPG IMG_2543.JPG IMG_2579.JPG IMG_2564.JPG IMG_2631.JPG

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I got a bit bored and changed the layout of 2 of my tanks, the 5 Hex and my 20g. I got some hornwort and whatI think is moneywort, but I might get a few other plants for the background, any ideas, I can do low-medium light plants.

Heres a Before shot of my 20g, before the change:
IMG_2719.JPG
And after OCD kicked in:
IMG_2835.JPG I like the new layout a lot better, what do you think!

Now onto working on the 37g, but I will do that tomorrow.

IMG_2719.JPG IMG_2835.JPG

OrQidz

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
They both look great! Honestly I like the before better but that is just me :) I want to see your 37 because I have one too and I want to rescape it.
Is that a pearl gourami? Pretty!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
My neons needed a bit more room to swim and that called to rescape my whole 20g. The wood is now a nice cave. Yes that is a Pearl Gourami, very nice fish to have.

Here's what the 37 looks like now.
IMG_2718.JPG I'm getting rid of the java moss and adding another peice of driftwood to it.

IMG_2718.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store