Coatepeque female pics?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Hi all,

I've seen a few pictures of male Amatitlania coatepeque online, but no pictures of females yet--does anyone have any of these and want to share? I'm curious as to what they look like and am excited to see them, even if it's second-hand.

Thanks,
Matt

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Tried looking it up. From what I've read, they were previously though to be just different color types of Amatitlania nigrofasciata, and the few pics I see I have a hard time telling the diference. Unless the pics are just mislabled convicts. If they are considered a separate species, but quite closely related, I would assume like the cons it would have the female looking simmilar but with the orange belly coloring. If you find any elsewhere post them here as I am now curious :) I always liked when I had my cons. Got plain looking black and white ones, and with the right care they would go colorful on me. If there is one that displays more color, I might end up getting another big tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store