Moving tank to paint?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
I'm planning on painting the room that has my 55 gallon in it. I was going to move the tank into anther room until I finished...shouldn't take a day or two. I've read in a couple of different place where some have left the tank in the room. Is it better to move it completely out of the room or can I leave it the room and just move it out of the way?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
If you are using water based paint, you should be fine leaving the tank in the room. I would just cover it with a sheet to reduce splatter or if you are really sloppy, a couple garbage bags.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Using basic latex and no spray....leave it.

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
When I had my living room repainted and the ceiling sprayed I just moved the tank a few feet from the wall, covered up with and old bedsheet and then covered again with the painter's drop cloth.

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
Cool, I will move a few feet from the wall and cover it up pretty well. Take out most of the water, move it a few feet, put some clean water back in, cover then paint. I really don't wanna paint..sigh....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store