Angel fish breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
Hi i have a pair of angel fish that paired off i put them in a bare bottom 30 high and it had a side filter on it .it also has some mts snails in there well they laid on the side filter tube and they hatched this is there first time also. i turned the fliter off and have been feeding the first bites fish food and they are doing good . I need to know about adding air or something and cleaning the bottom of the tank i have been feeding small amounts also, there are a ton of them and the mom and dad are taking good care of them...iam trying not to scare them so that they don't eat them. any help out there...thanks alot

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
can anyone help with the best way to clean the bottom of the tank with all them fry and mom and dad

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
use a small tube. you can use a air line tube but i would prefer something a little bigger.

the problem you have is with out the filter going the ammonia will build up fast. woth breeding tanks many people use sponge or corner filters. this helps with the o2 and filters the water. good news is in 2 weeks they will spawn again maybe you will be a little more ready.

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
i have sponge filters so iam going to add one and hope they dont eat the fry

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
yes it was in another tank that has a few white clouds in it

MilitantPotato

Got Pleco?
Apr 11, 2006
St. Louis, Mo
www.plecofanatics.com
I'd not turn the filter off, get a sponge block from any fish store, stab it with a knife and slide it.over the inlet. Fry are very sensitive to chem changes. Just because a filter has some bacteria doesn't mean it has enough for two angel fish and a batch of fry.

Sent from my LG-E980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
ok filter is in place and working well the babies are doing so well would it not be better to mom the mom and dad before they spawn again, and how long should i leave the fry with mom and dad there about 8 days free swiming now

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
how long before i should move them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store