Another dead yellow lab

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

73Electra 225

AC Members
Feb 24, 2004
Visit site
Well, another yellow lab bit the dust. I'm wondering if maybe the batch that Petsmart got from their supplier wasn't very healthy? It was fine yesterday, then at noon, its hanging out on the top, but appears fine. I get home at 10, and its dead, stuck in the leaves of one of the fake plants. My water parameters seem fine, I think. pH: ~7.6-7.8, Alkalinty: ~120ppm, Hardness: ~120ppm, Nitrites: 0, Nitrates: ~30-40ppm. I wondering if my white-tailed aceis (I think thats what they are) are harrasing them to death, as the two of them are the biggest, besides the one Curvicep, and seem as healthy and active as can be.

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
How big is your tank? How many fish are there and what kinds? What is your ammonia reading? When did you add the yellow labs and how many?

It could be a few things. It could be taht since you just added the yellow labs that your tank is going through a mini cycle and your ammonia is a bit high causing it to be harmful to your fish. Or it could be that the yellow labs were sick when you bought them.

A little more info will help narrow it down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store