Some stocking advice needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mordred

AC Members
Feb 27, 2004
Visit site
Current inhabitants are:
6 lemon tetras
13 cardinal tetras
2 coral blue dwarf gouramis
4 Ottocinclus
3 Corydoras Schwartzi

Full tank specs are in the signature. Tank is between 200 to 220L (50-55 US G). Quite well planted.

A couple of questions:
1. How near to fully stocked am I? I know the inch per gallon rule doesnt work that well except for the tetras, and I have seen loads of different opinions around stocking level.

2. I tried to introduce a pair of Dutch Rams, as I was told that they were good peaceful community fish. This was a total disaster (full story in another thread) but essentially male killed female then started on the other inhabitants, so is now back at the LFS.

I would really like to get another 1-4 fish that inhabit the mid-level, or all levels, of the tank. Ideally I would like them to be colourful - want them to stand out; would prefer a max size of between 2 inches and 6 inches or thereabouts. I definitely want to ensure that they really are peaceful. Would really appreciate some thoughts on what would fit in well with the other inhabitants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store