Need keep thinking of a nano fish for my 5g!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I want to put some small fish in with my betta, found out he's very docile(doesn't flare at his own reflection) and he only ate the shrimp. It's hard to find small nano fish around me, but I can try to get Nano Rasboras or Endlers(never had issues with them before with my bettas). Any thoughts.

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I guess one of the boraras species of microrasboras or the endlers would both work. Neither require a lot of swimming room although a 5 gallon is pretty small even for micro rasboras.
But you did say your betta ate a shrimp and they are about the same size.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
nothing at all it do not matter if you think he is docile or not nothing else is gonna live in it except a betta and maybe a snail or 2 the smaller kind only.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
ok but i mean tank wise nothing can or will go into that tank and be happy just so everyone knows.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Bettas have large mouths, I know of one betta that ate neons. So they could be ok, or they could be lunch depending on how predatory your betta feels like being.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I never had an issue like I said once before with bettas with small fish like Endlers and even Guppies(I know bad idea, but no issues) I have neons in my one tank and they are quite large, a bit bigger then my betta's mouth.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
oh sorry for the confusion i meant nothing else with the betta..well a snail might work.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I've kept bettas with rasboras, neons, endlers, swordtails, platies, and even angels with no issue at all. What about pygmy cories,, thay stay on the bottom and always notice the betta stays more towards the middle and top.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store