Arowana not eating!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Frainbreeze127

AC Members
Aug 20, 2014
Help! My silver arrow hasnt been eating for around a month for now and hes around 19 to 20 inches. Ive fed him shrimp, and fish bought from the supermarket and also live goldfishes from the fish store. I've also changed the 3/4 of the water in the tank around like 2 days ago and I added a bit of salt in to the water. Ive checked the water temperature to see if the water is hot enough for him (witch it is). Ive raised him for like around a year and half (basically I started raising him when he was around 3 inches) but this has never happened to me and I know arrows tend to not eat for a while but this is still worrying for me..

CAM00003.jpg CAM00004.jpg CAM00002.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
WHat size tank?

Also moving this out of the marine forums.

Frainbreeze127

AC Members
Aug 20, 2014
The salt I added was table salt and I thought the water change thing would keep the water conditions better to keep stress off the fish (like basically he wasn't eating before the water change) I think it had like a fungus infection on the eyes of the fish but when I changed the water, the fungus was gone so yaa

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
uh dude never and i mean never add table salt i hear it can kill your fish but i cant remember that much it was a year ago when i read it so feel free to correct me if im wrong.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
ok but im not to sure i cant remember that well so just wait til someone with more brains on the subject then you can pick their brain.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
and btw goldfish are not good for the fish you paid a lot of money for him right?and you want him to live long?then i would switch him over to non goldfish food.and answer the question that someone said but i think they deleted it but it was what is your tank size.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
It's not unusual for arowana's to go off their feed for periods of time. You may want to try some insects like waxworms, mealworms, or crickets dropped on the surface.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store