1000 gallon breeding tank discussion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
hmmm if a had a 1000+ gallon tank i would use a lot of tank dividers and start breeding fish.or i would put a mermaid in it .i am hooked on mermaids they are real.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
is anybody is getting annoyed at how much the tanks cost? they dont cost much to make inface they make like x10 what it costs more or less. if anybody agrees with my pm me.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
is anybody is getting annoyed at how much the tanks cost? they dont cost much to make inface they make like x10 what it costs more or less. if anybody agrees with my pm me.
no i am not annoyed. where do you come up with these numbers?

got to get the glass to you with out breaking... got to cut it down and glue it together with out breaking the glass. you have to transport it to the retail market with out breaking it... retail has to sell it with out someone breaking it.... and it has to hold water..... each step you have to worry about the tank breaking and end up with nothing. plus all the labor which isnt cheap.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i just have done the numbers and apparently i am wrong with all the costs i forgot to add a few factors. opps:shakehead:man i messed up on the numbers..but what ever. and what i would be breeding would be big fish with a meant a few dividers .

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
yeah i can use a tank divider for the fry or i use a huge breeder net if i could find one big enough think cover 300 gallons maybe more or less.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
yeah i can use a tank divider for the fry or i use a huge breeder net if i could find one big enough think cover 300 gallons maybe more or less.
that wouldnt be efficient.

with tanks for price per gallon its a valley or V shaped.... as you get bigger tanks the price falls per gallon until you start hitting the larger past 240 gallon tanks from there they shoot up again as they tend to me less common and more custom built. with breeding you want holding spot or tank for each batch. also you want to keep the water as clean as possible. i can go on and on with the different reasons why thats just not a good idea.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
you know i dont know how we even got on to the topic of huge tank and breeding anymore besides i can also give a lot of reasons why i think about why it would but lets keep it to what the thread was made for .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store