WTB cherry shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

candygirl415

AC Members
Aug 21, 2014
I'm looking to buy 4-6 cherry shrimp. There's no place in my general area that sells them. Every FS post on here for them is closed. I've checked online vendors, and the shipping rates are more than what the shrimp are worth. I just recently set up a 20 gallon tank that is currently home to 2 ADFs. I am planning on 4 more of those and a handful of marimo moss balls. I just want a few cherries in there as well.

candygirl415

AC Members
Aug 21, 2014
Pittsburgh area. I may just end up getting a few ghost shrimp. I don't want to spend alot even on shipping knowing there is a chance the new shrimp become snacks for frogs. I prefer the cherry only cause i'll be able to see them better. Its already like playing where's Waldo looking for my frogs. I've given them too many hiding spots, lol!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If you don't want something shipped to you, have you considered your local aquarium society?

the Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society is meeting next Friday and I think the meeting is followed by a small auction, they also are having their fall auction on 9/7

I'd expect either would be a good chance to pick up some cherry shrimp.

or you could try asking for recommendations on their facebook page.

http://www.gpasi.org/

https://www.facebook.com/GPASI.org

candygirl415

AC Members
Aug 21, 2014
I will check out their pages. Thank you. I'm over an hour out of the city and honestly despise driving there, lol. It's not that I don't want something shipped. It's that I don't want to pay $30-$45 to have a few cherries, especially when I can't guarantee they won't be a groggy snack! Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone on their site that I can arrange to pick up a few or find someone with better shipping rate. Thank you for the advice and help. I did get a few ghosts today. As soon as I make sure my boys are well fed, I'm dropping them in. Hell, they are so hard to see even in the bag, I may never know if they do get eaten or not.

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Just FYI, your dwarf frogs will eat the shrimp in a heartbeat. They will eat anything they think they can fit in their mouths, and I've had both ADF and cherry shrimp (in a different tank) and I can assure you they would be a snack before you even threw away the bag they came in. Save your money.

candygirl415

AC Members
Aug 21, 2014
That's what I was afraid of and why I didn't want to spend much. However I did just add some ghost shrimp and so far so good. The shrimp are fast to get away from the frogs. The frogs while seeming curious towards them are also leery and move away. If any do get eaten, I may never know. They are hard to locate in my tank.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I will check out their pages. Thank you. I'm over an hour out of the city and honestly despise driving there, lol. It's not that I don't want something shipped. It's that I don't want to pay $30-$45 to have a few cherries, especially when I can't guarantee they won't be a groggy snack! Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone on their site that I can arrange to pick up a few or find someone with better shipping rate. Thank you for the advice and help. I did get a few ghosts today. As soon as I make sure my boys are well fed, I'm dropping them in. Hell, they are so hard to see even in the bag, I may never know if they do get eaten or not.
I'd expect not everyone there lives in the city... and I don't know the geography well enough to say where they actually meet.

For cheaper shipping, Msjinkzd is in-state so shipping should be pretty cheap, She doesn't have RCS in stock right now as far as I know, But I'd expect she will get some at some point in the near future, you could always drop her an email to ask how much shipping might be to you.

http://msjinkzd.com/stocklist/

but vwill is right, they would likely end up as snacks.

sawedoffsob

Registered Member
Sep 28, 2014
If you're still looking, we sell them (5+2 free red cherry shrimp) $15 + 8.50 shipping. We ship Monday/Tuesday and Saturday) We also include a random plant in each breather back. + this order will be 2 box 3 bagged 2-3 shrimp per bag! If you're interested email me at djabitforwow@gmail.com

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
If you're still looking, we sell them (5+2 free red cherry shrimp) $15 + 8.50 shipping. We ship Monday/Tuesday and Saturday) We also include a random plant in each breather back. + this order will be 2 box 3 bagged 2-3 shrimp per bag! If you're interested email me at djabitforwow@gmail.com
Who is we, does they have a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store