when fish tanks attack..... Man smashed by fish tank survives Napa earthquake

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
[h=1]Man smashed by fish tank survives Napa earthquake[/h]
(08-24) 14:43 PDT NAPA -- Steven Smith, a 20-year-old wine cellar worker in Napa, was one of the lucky ones after a big earthquake shook the wine country.Smith was sleeping on the floor at a friend's house in northern Napa at 3:20 a.m. Sunday when a fish tank - which he estimated held as much as 26 gallons of water and weighed hundreds of pounds - fell from a metal stand and landed on top of his head.
Smith had been sleeping face down. His friends told him that he popped up immediately and started speaking gibberish.
His head and left arm were sliced open.
"I was in shock," he said. "I didn't know what happened. I felt liquid running down my body. I rubbed my head and noticed I had blood on my hand."
A firefighter who patrolled the neighborhood looking for casualties helped bandage Smith's head and hand. Neighbors came by to comfort him before a friend drove him to a hospital.
He walked into Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa without shoes, in a baggy shirt and bloody sweatpants.
There, doctors put several staples in his head and closed the wound on his left arm with more than a dozen stitches.
After a few hours, Smith was discharged. He said the camaraderie inside the hospital was palpable.
"I felt like we were all in this together," he said in the early afternoon as he waited for a burrito and tacos at Villa Corona, a Napa restaurant.
He said his main thought after the fish tank fell was that he didn't want to miss work at a local vineyard.
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Man-smashed-by-fish-tank-survives-Napa-earthquake-5709381.php

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I don't think the napa wineries put their wine barrels on cheap "w-mart" stands and those got all tossed around in the quake. I doubt the stand's source made any difference.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
what a wimp...

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i sorta wanna know what happened to the fish.i know the mans life is more important.but this is a fish forum.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
crushed and smiling...don't connect that at all...

You have no idea what I could survive...

The fish can be replaced.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
really.you have no idea what I could survive i actually bang apples on my head when im bored and i dont even feel it.i have a head of steel.but you have to feel a little sad for him.almost died and all.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
proof he almost died?

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
well any normal person would almost die..except you, do YOU got any proof that you could survive that?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
you started it.. show me

almost died and all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store