Possible cloudy eye and a "lump"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Web Gazelle

Guardian Of The Cave
Dec 1, 2004
Planet Earth
I have an African Cichlid setup in my 67 gal tank with various Peacocks and Haps (see signature). My very dominant male Sunshine Peacock is showing a bit of cloudiness in his one eye and has a small cyst like lump on his chin. Would Furan 2 be a good choice for treatment, or maybe Melafix, or is there another treatment would be a good option. He has beautiful bright yellow color and blue on his chin. I would like to try to treat him and avoid losing him.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
have any pics?

Web Gazelle

Guardian Of The Cave
Dec 1, 2004
Planet Earth
Here is a couple of video stills that I just captured.

SunshinePeacockSick01.JPG

SunshinePeacockSick02.JPG

SunshinePeacockSick01.JPG SunshinePeacockSick02.JPG

Web Gazelle

Guardian Of The Cave
Dec 1, 2004
Planet Earth
It seems to be clearing up each day without me doing much of anything. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I think it is getting worse. Thanks for the compliment on my sunshine peacock. He is a very dominant male and typically displays the bright color.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would increase water changes to help and not add anything if it looks like it is improving on it's own....

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
It seems to be clearing up each day without me doing much of anything. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I think it is getting worse. Thanks for the compliment on my sunshine peacock. He is a very dominant male and typically displays the bright color.
well your welcome i wish i had a 500 gallon tank for cichlids man it would look so awesome!and if i could get it planted some how.....

Web Gazelle

Guardian Of The Cave
Dec 1, 2004
Planet Earth
He is looking better every day. Today he is displaying to some of the females in the tank.

I did a pretty big water change two days ago and I think he is almost completely healed. He is very dominant so he sometimes bumps into decor and get little scratches. I was thinking of keeping MelaFix handy for stuff like that. Any thoughts?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store