Is this setup/stocking ok? I want healthy happy fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gello

AC Members
Aug 25, 2014
What do you think of my setup? I want healthy happy fish and only intend on doing the best for them as I do for my other pets (2 dogs).

I have a Aqueon QuietFlow 30 (figured bigger is better/cleaner).

I have a bubbler strip that is about 10 inches long along the back and the Swords LOVE it. The swim up and down it all day.

I have artificial plants, but I have two bushy and tall ones on each side of the tank, one bushy medium tall one in the middle and two square ground cover plants next to the tall ones on the sides. I left an area in the front for the fish to have free space. I also took apart one tall bushy plant and let it float. It grouped together and looks like a little, flat floating bush.

My heater is small, submergible and not adjustable but keeps the water temp at a stable 78 degrees so I think that is good.

My lighting is an LED with white (daylight) and blue (moon light) options

I have black, white and pink gravel mixed with some random marbles mixed in.

My stock: 9 fish. 3 mollies (1male, 2 female orange creamsicle), 3 sword tail (1male, 2 female neon), 3 tiger barb

Is there room for more fish as I have babies otw, like within the next few days if not today.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Prefer an adjustable heater.
If the look pleases you, that is all that counts.

I'd lose the tiger barbs..they will eat your fry and they like to kept in larger groups.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
agree with Bob

the tiger barbs are a bit aggressive and generally do well in a species tank with lots of tank mates.

they may pick on the live bearers.

Gello

AC Members
Aug 25, 2014
It's a 20 gallon.
I've kinda thought I should get rid of the barbs. They are picking a bit. I feel guilty returning them.
On a side note, they are mating like crazy! I am shocked as I have heard it can be difficult to breed them.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
well i would sell the babies if they are hard to breed then you can charge more.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
it dosent, matter pet store, another members on here, online at aquabid theres a bunch of options!

Gello

AC Members
Aug 25, 2014
Meh, I think I'll just let the eggs either be eaten, or give them to the pet shop for free or a credit. Not trying to make money just want pets :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store