Planted Angelfish Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

planted_tank

AC Members
Aug 27, 2014
Hi everyone just joined hoping I could get some helping advice. I am wanting to get my tank planted and I have no clue what I am doing. Right now I have a 37 gal tank with 2 angels 3 rams 6 cats 1 rubber lip 6 danios 2 gouramis. I have a water heater a bubbler a canister filter and two t8 lights. I do have a co2 pump but I ran out and no stores around have it. I just ordered more driftwood and plants but before I put in to much work id like to know what I am doing. Any info will help thanks

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
the gouramis will probably fight to the death unless they are male/female.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
the gouramis will probably fight to the death unless they are male/female.
Not true..even if male/female there will be issues with angels in the tank...angels and Gs in that small of a tank..and too many bottom dwellers to boot.

Evil..you need more experience before posting stuff and look at the tank over all..not assume some stuff about 2 fish in the tank.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
no gouramis are aggressive to other gouramis.yeah,i know my fish.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i know right he is the reason i dont like this forum he thinks he knows everything.i say do some research before saying im wrong.in fact i would go as far to say i know more fish than him and more in general.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Well, I know whose advise I'd be following here.

My advise to the OP, assuming that any potential issues with the fish have been noted, observed, or ignored...

The amount of light from a pair of T8 tubes (assuming the standard 30x12" footprint 37g tank) isn't enough light for most plants, and not enough light to necessitate the need for supplemental CO2.

I would suggest making a more detailed post for information, give specifics about all flora and fauna in the tank and anything being considered.., for example '6 cats' isn't terribly specific.

Sorry to not be more helpful, but I'm competing with true experts on the internet; I prefer to not be outed as a complete idiot.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
i know right he is the reason i dont like this forum he thinks he knows everything.i say do some research before saying im wrong.in fact i would go as far to say i know more fish than him and more in general.
You have threatened/promised to leave....but still remain.. guess your dislike isn't that big...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store