New 29 Gallon ^^

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
Hey guys recently i bought a 29 gallon tank of a friend it came with the hood and few decorations.
Sadly the light that is supposed came with the hood is one and had been replaced by a 2 way setting bulb. Bright off and dim.
Here are some pictures.
I'm wanting the stock to be a pair of GBR's Around 10 or so of some kind of tetra and 6 hatchet fish for the top? Maybe a BN?
DSC_0992.JPGDSC_0993.JPGDSC_0994.JPG

DSC_0992.JPG DSC_0993.JPG DSC_0994.JPG

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Hey guys recently i bought a 29 gallon tank of a friend it came with the hood and few decorations.
Sadly the light that is supposed came with the hood is one and had been replaced by a 2 way setting bulb. Bright off and dim.
Here are some pictures.
I'm wanting the stock to be a pair of GBR's Around 10 or so of some kind of tetra and 6 hatchet fish for the top? Maybe a BN?
View attachment 213857View attachment 213858View attachment 213859
10 Blue rams?? this is a 29?

if you can get a pair I'd place a single pair in a 29. 10 would work for a short time but it will be too small for more than a pair or trio of rams.

especially true if they start breeding... there won't be enough hiding space for anything that is not paired.

personally I'd start with 3-4 rams and watch as they mature..if you have enough driftwood , plants etc you may be able to get away with that.
ramirezi prefer warm water.. 82-86 that is kept very clean.. as a result you'll need to keep that in mind when looking for tank mates. there are tetras that will work.. I like the cardinals with my rams and discus.
as far as hatchets.. they like to jump so keep that in mind.. I've lost quite a few this way.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
btw I prefer light colored sand (PFS) as the regions where they are found is often light colored due to the acidic water leaching color from the sand.etc.

normally associated with the Rio Orinoco drainages. white or light colored sand is pretty normal for that area.

Ray1981

AC Members
Mar 24, 2012
Mercedes Texas
10 Blue rams?? this is a 29?

if you can get a pair I'd place a single pair in a 29. 10 would work for a short time but it will be too small for more than a pair or trio of rams.

especially true if they start breeding... there won't be enough hiding space for anything that is not paired.

personally I'd start with 3-4 rams and watch as they mature..if you have enough driftwood , plants etc you may be able to get away with that.
ramirezi prefer warm water.. 82-86 that is kept very clean.. as a result you'll need to keep that in mind when looking for tank mates. there are tetras that will work.. I like the cardinals with my rams and discus.
as far as hatchets.. they like to jump so keep that in mind.. I've lost quite a few this way.
I think he said 10 of some kind of tetra.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
hmm i agree with the others only a trio or a pair and also what tetras do you want.and btw plecos are poop machines so dont get a bn pleco or any kind.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
hmm i agree with the others only a trio or a pair and also what tetras do you want.and btw plecos are poop machines so dont get a bn pleco or any kind.
A 4-5" full grown BN in a 29 isn't a poop machine and will be perfectly fine.

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
Yea only a pair of or trio of rams. Then ten of some kind of tetra.
So Would my stocking work possibley?
2-3 GBR's
10 of some kind of tetra ( not sure)
5 or so hatchets
and 1 BN?
still confused if the BN will be ok... will it make to much mess with the poop or no?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I think the BN will be fine. They are not what I would classify as a poop machine. That phrase I usually reserve for the common plecos that get huge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store