Sailfin Balloon Molly losing color

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

seachells

AC Members
Aug 18, 2014
NC
I got this guy about 3 weeks or so ago and he is yellow with black spots and a white belly. When we first brought him home he lost most of his coloring but I attributed this to the stress of the ride home and getting moved to a new tank (this also happened with other fish brought home and they are now fine). Over time his coloring came back (though my boyfriend swears it's not as bright as in the store) This past weekend we went out of town so he didn't get fed for 2 days (I know that's not a really bad thing but I still feel like a bad parent...). When we got back today we checked him first thing and he was completely white, but his black spots are still visible. He is acting normal, we fed him and he ate normally, tested water params (ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, pH) and everything is in order. Water temp is good. I'm not overly concerned but I would like to know what's going on. A general internet search has returned no real information except stress and I don't know why he would be stressed. Oh his light was off the whole time and I saw a couple places that said might affect coloring, is that a possibility? Thanks for any help! Here are some pictures; first two are with his yellow, second two are from when we came home.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 5.JPG
photo 4.JPG

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I would say it was the lights being off longer than usual. There's not much need for color in the dark...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store