Angel Fish Swimming at bottom?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
Hey guys today I bought 4 angel fish for my 30 gallon tall today. Everything was going great I acclimated them to the tank just fine and then not even 5 minutes after..... they are all on the bottom of the tank..... like they are swimming and stuff and seem healthy.. but they wont leave the bottom.. they kinda just sit there... Are they ok??
And yes I know a 30 gallon tall is to small for 4 angels... im going to be buying a bigger tank soon so I will rehoming some once the tank comes in.

Ray1981

AC Members
Mar 24, 2012
Mercedes Texas
Where did you buy your fish from? I've had rotten luck buying angel fish from those big box stores. Every time I buy some they go to the bottom and then die. I bought 3 angels from a member on here and they are doing just fine.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
I Bought them at a local pets store called seascape aquarium and pet supplies. I've never had any problems buy fish there.
But I think the fish were just a little shy from being in the new tank because they seem to be more active and are swimming more.
Better safe then sorry. But I will keep an eye on them in case anything goes wrong since I woke up and the water was cloudy more likely from a bacterial bloom since the tank is fair new. I did a fishless cycle for about a week. So I guess now that the fish are in the bacteria just bloomed.

Ray1981

AC Members
Mar 24, 2012
Mercedes Texas
I hope they make it. Angels are sensitive to any change in the chemistry of the water. Keep us up to date on how they are doing.

Last edited:

dalto

AC Members
Jun 12, 2006
How big are they?

I this behavior a lot with larger cichlids that are re-homed. Sometimes it is stress and sometimes they just seem to be pouting. :)

It should stop within 24 hours or so. Try leaving the lights off if you haven't already.

Sierra0103

AC Members
Feb 8, 2014
St. Louis Missoru
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Alex
Camera Used
Nikon D3100
They are about quater sized maybe bigger right now. And yes I have realized. My oscars back in tampa tend to pout a lot so when I realized that the angels didn't do much then the next morning started swimming around I figured they were pouting.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ray1981

AC Members
Mar 24, 2012
Mercedes Texas
That's good to hear. I have 3 angels and they are my favorite. They eat like there is no tomorrow. I feed them 3 times a day and they are still hungry. Every time I pass by the aquarium they go to the top.

Tolak

AC Members
Aug 18, 2007
Chicago, Il
Pretty common, give them a day or 2 to settle in. What procedure did you follow for this week long fishless cycle?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store