Anyone had any experince with baby African Dwarf Frogs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CassieHallberg

Registered Member
Sep 12, 2014
Hi I am new to your forum but I have 4 tanks. One of my tanks is a 7.5 gallon tank with 2 African Dwarf Frogs and some wild guppies. It is planted and the floating plants tend to take it over. Yesterday my daughter noticed that we appear to have at least 2 baby frogs. About the size of my pinky nail plus at least one Tadpole with legs but still has a tail. I had always been led to believe that breeding AFD's is very difficult. I also can't find much info on it. Would anyone have any experience with them? I am wondering what I should be feeding the little ones. Baby Brine shrimp or just the same as the adults at this point.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cassie

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Could you sink down some first bites or something very, very small that won't obstruct or harm their digestive system with blockages, over-consumption, etc.? I know absolutely NOTHING about them....so good on ya for having the babies in the first place haha.

:cheers:

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Sounds to me like you're doing everything just perfectly now. :) Frogs are naturally prolific --I am talking about the common US ones that show up in my yard pond every year entirely on their own; from where I have no idea as the closest year round water body is a creek more than a half mile away-- so I see no reason why yours shouldn't be as well. You might get a mildly lucrative business going on here, or at least make your LFS happy if you wind up with more than you want or can stock.

And there's always the AC Marketplace here. I am working (slowly) on a paludarium and have considered ADFs for it. Do these guys chirp, yammer or otherwise make any detectable noises? If not maybe we can talk if you ever decide to unload any. In the meantime you have bragging rights for your accomplishment whether you intended it that way or not. Enjoy :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store