FS Downsizing - tons of supplies for tank building - NYC

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
Heya.

I haven't had time to build out all the projects I had been planning, and I've got a ton of supplies for tanks I can't build right now. I really need to clear some space, and would love to see this stuff go to some new homes. There are some items I could possibly ship, but I am primarily looking for local buyers for the tanks and stone etc.

I may add to the list as time goes on, and will add photos of what I can, but some stuff is packaged or put away. Local buyers are welcome to set up a time if they are serious about picking up a bunch of items, and we can work out a deal. I'll set some prices to respect the forum rules, but feel free to make offers for groups of stuff via PM or in person. I am in the 11215 zip, and can potentially help with transportation of larger items such as tanks.

Here is a gallery with images of some of the items listed below. Edit... I uploaded 10 images to IMGUR and then the forum doesn't allow links... so I can PM you links for images and other links if you're interested.

40g breeder tank, drilled on one end low - been sitting on back porch for 2 years. Has slight chip on one edge. Free if you can come get it. I don't know if it still holds water. I have bulkheads I think, that I can supply for a few extra bucks.

5.5 gallon tank, with painted black back, glass lid, half-floor false bottom and mini pump - perfect for a crab holding tank or nano paludarium. bleached clean, like new. $20

NEW Tetra Fauna sliding door paludarium tank - same size as a 29g, 30x16.5x12, drilled bottom with bulkhead, locking door, screen top (can be replaced easily with glass) - this is an awesome paludarium tank. IT'S BRAND NEW - $50

3 15 gallon long tanks (24") with mattenfilters on one end - 2 are super clean except for mild algae, one has Cyano, but can easily be bleached out. Uninhabited. You can have the substrate in them too, if you want... black flourite sand/gravel mixes I believe. $25 each or take all 3 for $60.

Brand NEW 20g tall tank - standard all glass. Never used. $30

11 gallon rimless tank with round corners - chinatown style. used for 2-3 months with 3" of water in it, sitting empty since. Looks almost new. $25 - probably taken

20g tall tank with glued in cork background, flourite black sand/gravel mix. Many years old, completely seasoned, but still might be a lot of fun for someone who wants to try a cork background tank out. This tank was originally a big discussion thread over on Aquaria Central, and was shown in TFH a while back, but is now in need of a replanting, ready to plant. Has 2 filtration options plumbed, ready to hook up to an eheim 2213 and tom miniturtle filter... depending on how you want to use it. $50.

10gallon nano paludarium - fully planted paludarium with only 1.5-2" of water - with geosessarma crabs - breeding pair + whatever young are in there. This is an awesome little paludarium. takes no work. has falsebottom, wood, ABG mix soil, Buffered black gravel underwater. Variety of sweet terrestrial plants and floating salvinia. Jump right into crabs for $125. Want the current usa light fixture too? $150.

2 Brand NEW Swisstropicals Jetlifters, I think medium size. $5 each

1 Bag of nice black lava rock. brand NEW, bag never opened. fairly large chunks perfect for a nano scape. Got them at Monster. About as much stone as the size of a human head, in the bag. no idea of weight, no scale. $15

Awesome stump. - makes me sad to see it go, but I'm not going to use this right now. Its just awesome, has crazy roots ready to be an overhanging ledge in a paludarium or possibly to invert or tip over under water. Might need a little soak to fully sink, and could use an 18"-24" tank (front to back) or so to fit nice. $45

Eheim 2213 filter - very used. works but slow, could probably use a new impeller and a cleaning... random spray bar parts can be included, but I don't have extra quick disconnects for the hoses. $25

set of 2 Reefbrite 3000k 24" LED's. Daisychain to one power supply. Really nice trim fixtures. 2011 style. 1 fixture is brand new, the other is used for 2 years. Super nice if you want warm light. $150

Set of Mountain-like rocks collected in salt water cove in Rhode Island. Enough large stones to easily cover the bottom of a 20g tall tank, great shapes to work with. I've used the same stones from the same location in several of my long standing tanks with no issues... these stones were cleaned and never used. kept them with cherry shrimp, amano shrimp, sensitive stiphodon, no issues, but a few do show iron stains on some surfaces where the rock was shattered. take the whole set for $20

Set of small white stones. Clean, never used. Collected in RI area as well. I don't know anything more about them. Would make for a really beautiful white stone layout in a nano or would be great in a terrarium. Take em all for $15

Set of random round river stones. Apple to grapefruit sizes. Nothing special, but might be perfect for whatever you're working on. more than shown $10

Random project in a 12"x12"x4" square glass vase - this was an experiment. It's like a combination wabi kusa/fountain/micro paludarium, except it has 18" trees growing out. It's basically formed sculpey planters with several trees growing out of it. Fill to the top with water. hidden pump circulates water, drawing it through the roots. the original build thread is here:(links not allowed, PM for link) probably no good for fish. Currently has only the trees and a little moss growing. Needs love, but is a fun thing. $25 as seen on AC!!! http://www.aquariacentral.com/forum...y-or-another-pvc-clay/page4&highlight=sculpey

Coralife Mini Aqualight - the small one with dual bulbs. has plant bulbs in it now. $30 (I might have 2)

2 24" coralife 24" t5ho strips. well used, in good condition. the thin ones, less than 1" tall. Might need some bulbs. $20 each. You can have whatever bulbs I have for them as well.

2 gallon bag of mixed buffered gravel. New. Mixed colors, nothing pretty. but it will buffer your water up, great for snails and cherry shrimp. $5

Brand NEW Quietone 1200 pump. $20 still in box - super nice pump.

I also have TONS of random pvc plumbing parts, locline fittings, random filter and powerhead parts. You can look through it in person.

I also have a lot of anubias plants. like, imagine an anubias nana plant that is the size of a big helmet. hundreds of leaves. Can do tons of $5 clippings, or arrange for larger portions. Also have a few nice clippings of a giant anubias Barteri or similar, 3 plants for $25. Wads and wads and wads of subwassertang. grown low light. $5 balls all around.

GET IN TOUCH!

H8YtKdX.jpg tvy25kr.jpg BbrPoBu.jpg eMKHvU1.jpg 4q4VRWX.jpg TFrrrOn.jpg C3RjZrh.jpg goRhJgH.jpg nCO1MXa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store