Angelfish and Discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
Hi, I have 6 cobalt blue angels, 1 blue turquoise discus, 1 other angelfish (I have no idea what type of breed it is and I need help identifying it) and 1 other discus ( I have no idea what breed it is either ) I'll also upload some pics of them.
1. There is one giant blue cobalt who keeps bullying the rest of the fishes.
2. Should I keep the angels and discus in the same tank?
3. Will the aggression and domanicy of the bigger fishes stress out the smaller fishes in the tank?
4. The 2 discus are small along with the 3 new cobalts I've bought last week.

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
The tank is too small..... Gonna get a larger one soon. Can someone identify the whitish yellow looking discus and the black patterned looking angelfish for me? ( I know this is very dumb of me not knowing the fishes breeds when I got them)

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Light discus may be a Red Marlboro. The dark angel looks like a wild scalare. The discus look like they're stunting...not good. They need a bigger home and need to be in a separate tank from the angels.

Mark

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
Really?! The light one is a Red Marlboro? I never knew. (See, this is so lame I don't even know this...) The discus was actually stunted when it was in it's original aquarium when I saw it, but I do understand the concern to seprarate them from the angels. Also the store owner told us the wild scalare was a blue angel?! ( I coudlnt tell cause I bought them when they looked clear/see thro but you can still tell it's an angel.)

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Really?! The light one is a Red Marlboro? I never knew. (See, this is so lame I don't even know this...) The discus was actually stunted when it was in it's original aquarium when I saw it, but I do understand the concern to seprarate them from the angels. Also the store owner told us the wild scalare was a blue angel?! ( I coudlnt tell cause I bought them when they looked clear/see thro but you can still tell it's an angel.)
It doesn't have the pale face that most red Marlboros exhibit but the body coloration and peppering suggest it has ancestors of red Marlboro stock.

Discus are very deliberate feeders. They typically wait for the food to drop to the bottom, then leisurely peck at it there. Angels are very aggressive at feeding time and that many in one tank will gobble all the food before the discus can eat enough, if any, further deteriorating the condition of your discus.

Mark

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
I also have another question, before I move them into a sperate tank. How many chuncks of bloodworms would you suggest to feed the discus and the angelfish together right now? Currently I'm feeding them 4-5 chuncks of bloodworms together per meal. (Right now I have to set up the tank and let the new water in the tank sit for a while)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store