Help with pond design pls

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
Planning to build a pond 12x8x4-5 feet deep, id like the pond to be 3 feet underground and 2 feet elevated. Anybody has a good filter design together with the needed drains? As of now i totally have no idea. Also planning to have maybe a 4x2 feet viewing glass wpuld really appreciate advise and also link .<br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I'd go with a firestone rubber liner...very tough and easy to work with.

For filtration I'd DIY one with a 30 gallon plastic barrel. Place a pump in the pond on the bottom at the furthest point from the filter(the filter can be plumbed by running piping or tubing under the dirt to a remote location so your filter isn't readily visible) in the 400 to 500 GPH range. Fill the barrel with scrubber sponges, bioballs, etc and have the inlet to the filter at the top so the water trickles down through the media. The return to the pond can be connected to the bottom of the barrel and gravity will return the water to the pond at the opposite end from the pump intake. The fittings for the filter hoses can be conventional bulkhead type barb fittings sealed with rubber gaskets cut from the firestone liner and backed up with some 100% silicone RTV.

Mark

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I did this pond for a customer several years ago. The interior of the pond was tiered with a couple plant shelves.

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store