Need Help New to Planted Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
Hi All
I have Im New to this Planted Tanks
( and Also for AC) But has been Keeping the Fishes from Nearly 15 Years Just Need Some Suggestion on My New Plated Tank
I have Been reading many Threads in the Forum about Dos and Donts and here is My Tank Specifications
Im Planning to do a Low Tech Planted Tank in My 36 Lenght X 12 Width X 15 Height tank, With ADA Amazonia as Substrate DIY CO2 system,
I do have 2 T5 buld i don kno the Watts on this,
My Question here is with these little Equipment and and Light Which Plants should i Prefer and is more lighting is needed and need suggestion on Fishes also,
Any Suggestion are Welcome,
Thanks a Lot in Advance
Forgot to Mention Im From INDIA

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I would start with low to medium light plants that are available to you. Plants and fish are very personal choices and you have to decide what you like and create the environment that will allow the fish to be happy/comfortable. That might guide your plant selection. If medium light plants thrive, you can try high light ones. Then you'll know if you need more light. You'll have to learn the art of balancing the right amount of light, ferts, and co2.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mario75

AC Members
Apr 15, 2012
Real Name
Marius
Hi. I suppose that is already cycled tank. However, a new substrate can restart the nitrogen cycle, so you should make more frequent water changes to keep ammonia low, (if in the aquarium are fish sensitive to high levels of ammonia). Some fish tolerate better ammonia than others. First plants (with the light that you have) are Vallisneria, Egeria, Cabomba ... generally very easy plants.

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
First Thanks for the Info FISHFANMAN and Mario75, Yes the tank has been already been Cycled from a month with only Fishes ( Zebra Danios and CRS ) and Im Planning on doing 30-40 % water Changes in a week Which I hope would be Sufficient,
Another Question about the Fertilizers which one would be best for Plants Tablets or Liquid Fert,
Mario75 I just loved your ideas on Aquascape its mind Blowing
As Far the Plants Vallisneria and Cabomba are very easy to grow but they do grow very Quickly and they are the Background Plants right Pls correct if im Wrong

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
Hi. I suppose that is already cycled tank. However, a new substrate can restart the nitrogen cycle, so you should make more frequent water changes to keep ammonia low, (if in the aquarium are fish sensitive to high levels of ammonia). Some fish tolerate better ammonia than others. First plants (with the light that you have) are Vallisneria, Egeria, Cabomba ... generally very easy plants.

Mario75 I just loved your ideas on Aquascape its mind Blowing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store