A Couple of NE LFS Reviews

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
I have found out about quite a few neat lfs on this forum so I thought I would first say thanks to those who tipped me off and offer a few reviews. In no particular order:

- Uncle Ned's Fish Factory, Millis, MA

Easily the biggest selection of cichlids I've seen. I got two blue rams here and have been pleased. His fish all look healthy (the rams were beautiful) and he practices quarantine when he notices sick fish. You'll notice some tanks in his shop have writing saying "Sorry, we're sick. Not for Sale" with quarantine dates. Not a lot of shops around here do that. I have never seen a dead fish in his tanks.

- Lovely Pets, Quincy, MA

Big store with lots of interesting fish. A helpful, friendly staff and healthy looking tanks. I've only been once but will definitely be back.

- Boston Tropical Fish & Reptile, Somerville, MA

Wild place. Relatively small with a mix of reptiles and fish. Not your typical iguanas and swordtails type of place. I got my dwarf puffers here. They had some very interesting fish and reptiles here. My one complaint was that they had some very large fish crowded into small tanks. Hopefully its a temporary thing but it still bothers me. The had a 3' foot shark in a 4' tank. He had a $1500 price tag so I'm hoping he's just on hold. I can't imagine anyone with a big enough tank for him.

- RI Aquarium & Pet Center, Providence, RI

Pretty big shop with some unusual fish. They had wood shrimp at about 4" long! they also had some FW lobsters and a selection of piranha. Neat shop.

fishypoo2

Editor of Tropical Fish Monthly
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
I second Uncle Ned's and Lovely Pets. I would also like to add:

- Aquatic InXteriors in Stoughton, MA

My dad is the fish room manager. Cool store. 1/3 saltwater 1/3 cichlids and 1/3 everything else. They do maintenance and installation too.

- Gills Tropical Fish in Brookline, MA

Never been there, but a friend owns it. It's going out of business soon, though :( .

- New England Aquarium in Boston, MA

Not a fish store, but enough said :cool: !

- West Hartford Puppy Center & Aquarium in W. Hartford, CT

Don't let the name fool you, a cool selection of fish takes up 2/3 of the store.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store