stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OxyBomb

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
Visit site
can I put a black knife fish (juvininal about 2 inches), 4 juvinil angles and a butterfly fish in a 30 gallon tank? also what else could I get for it. more angles or..?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Not for the long term. While it may be okay for them as juveniles, they will outgrow the tank within a few months.

OxyBomb

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
Visit site
I expect them to out grow the tank, this summer im gona get 100 gallon tank, at least. maybe have one custom made for me.

pharoh08

AC Members
Oct 4, 2003
pa
Visit site
i would just wait for the bigger tank, as plans can change, and u wouldnt wanna be caught without a tank for all those fish.

travelinman1969

AC Members
Oct 23, 2003
Lost Nation, IA
Visit site
As long as you are getting the bigger tank, for sure, you're okay, Just keep up on the water changes and watch the nitrates. They will grow quick and depending on the diet, the nitrates will be high.

As far as adding anything, I'd wait. See what you get with these and go from there. Maybe a huge pleco or some sort of shark, black or bala?

OxyBomb

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
Visit site
could I keep the angles in it? or will they get too big for it. I wanted/want to make it an angle only tank. but if they will get too big for it I will reconsider it.

travelinman1969

AC Members
Oct 23, 2003
Lost Nation, IA
Visit site
I would think the angels will outgrow it eventually. A 75 would be good for those fish. The knife will get up to 20 inches long, so anything less than 75 will not be good for them.

OxyBomb

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
Visit site
well my idea was for the knife fish was to grow it out some in the smaller tank. the smallest tank im going to get this summer is a 75 (all I can find here) but im going to talk to the down town guy, he should be able to get me a bigger one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store