FS Hello! I'm looking for advice....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MzAKT

Registered Member
Sep 24, 2014
image.jpgI have a new (never set up) 75g bow front aquarium and stand to sell, and am having no luck on CL. Can any1 give me any better ideas? Seems like most on there are looking for "free"

image.jpg

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
well....

you could start by stating your asking price, and what all is included.

it might be possible you're asking too much. Or it might be possible you're not showing what a great value it is.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
If trying sell it here...please read the guidelines required for posting. Second, your picture doesn't really show a 75 gallon bow front to the best advantage. How much have you been asking for it on CL?

MzAKT

Registered Member
Sep 24, 2014
I know the picture isn't great...it's in storage and I can't get around it to get a better one. I did look up the UPC on the tank, and have been asking half-off retail for the tank/stand combo. I'm not sure what other equipment is in the cabinet...as I stated, it's never been set up. I do have a full case of assorted decor that I'm offering with the deal.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Honestly?

you're trying to sell an unknown amount of stuff, for a price that's likely close if not more to the price when on sale.

the fact that you don't know what equipment is there sort of indicates you didn't buy it initially either.

The fact that it's an AGA aquarium indicate it's a good few years old.

And any warranty you would expect on a new tank will not be valid here either.

If you want to try to get the most money from the sale, my suggestion would be to lower the price and sell the tank, stand, light and lid. and then sell any decor or equipment separately.

Take it out of storage, take better pictures, and verify that it holds water, because by your own admission you don't even know; What do you think will be the most important fact for someone looking to buy an aquarium?

It's not a collectible item, it's not going to gain value sitting around gathering dust in storage; the fact that you haven't tried to sell it here to people who know what it would be worth speaks volumes too.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Please re-post with a price as per our guidelines. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store