Stocking a 90 litre

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Avocet

AC Members
Jul 30, 2014
I currently have 6 Harlequin Rasbora, 6 Rummynose Tetra, 5 Peppered Cory and a very peaceful Dwarf Gourami along with some cherry shrimp and a zebra nerite snail. I did have 8 Harlequins but unfortunately 2 died. I also had 6 Corys but one died. I was wondering whether perhaps I could fit in another shoal. I have this thing called a venturi valve on my filter which pumps bubbles into the tank whilst filtering. read somewhere that if you have a bubbler or something putting air into the tank you can put a few more fish in the tank although I have no idea whether that's true or not. I would get a couple of female dwarf gouramis but if I'm honest, this tank's more about looking nice than about breeding fish. I know I could bump up the numbers of harlequins and tetra but I'd rather have another shoal if at all possible. I was thinking of something along the lines of 3 Cherry Barb and 3 Checkered Barb (or 6 of one maybe. One site said that these species do better in pairs or trios) or 6 of the following: Pentazona Barb, Odessa Barb, Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish or some kind of 4-5cm fully-grown tetra such as Lemon Tetra or Cardinal Tetra. Something brightly coloured is preferred. Also, maybe a few otos. I've read that they can be ok in rs or 3s but are better in groups of 6 or more. I like them but I'd rather just have 2 or 3 to keep the algae down.

So, is another shoal possible and if so, which species would be best?

Last edited:

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
You are pretty close to full on that tank. Replacing the fish that died or adding 2-3 otos would be the easiest.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Add 4 fish each to your Harlequins and Rasbora. You could then add 6 cherry bards. The barbs and other fish carry large bio-loads and would likely push you over the edge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store