1st Time Cleaning my JEBO 835 100GA Canister Filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TriBabe2009

AC Members
Sep 28, 2014
I set up my 60GA tank on 2/12/14. It is planted but not heavily.. I am using API C02 Booster & Excel Flourish, along with API Root Tabs as I cannot afford a C02 system yet (still looking for a job). There has only been a couple of causalities so far, and none of them my original fish from my 50GA tank.. Even the three goldfish I put into the tank to prime it, are still growing! All total, I have (5) yoo-yoo loaches, (3) clown loaches, (2) algae eaters, (3) goldfish, (3) red-line torpedoes, (1) full-grown angel, and (1) rosbora. So far so good, but I do have a question. I installed a JEBO 835 100GA canister filter and I am about to do my first cleaning. I have asked several people and they mentioned that I could get about 6 months out of the first set-up before I would need to clean it. While doing some plant pruning, I noticed that the return tube water pressure wasn't very strong. I figured its time.. I plan on replacing the filtering floss-type sponge with a generic cut-to-fit one. It has been suggested to forgo replacing the carbon and go with an additional layer of floss, that the pores of the carbon clog up within weeks anyway. I have never used a canister before so it's all new to me. I am also planning on cleaning the intake lines, as both have slime in them.. The filter media and bio foam I will not touch as I do understand that is where my biologicals reside.. Does anyone use the JEBO style filter? Any tips or suggestions? Thank you all for the help.. :tropicalfish:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store