And the Darwin Award goes to...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
And the Darwin Award goes to... my female LF chocolate BN pleco. She was a beautiful 5" female in my 90 gallon. I recently bought a 5" albino LF male to be her boyfriend. He came with his own breeding cave and I had several others of other sizes in there for them to use as well.

So why does she get the Darwin Award for naturally selecting herself out of the gene pool? Well, she chose the smallest cave in the tank, got stuck trying to turn around, and died in the cave while I was at work. Idiot. :cry: I'm super sad. Not only was she gorgeous, she had an amazing personality too. Not scared of me or anything else, she would frequently sit on top of the biggest rock with all of her super long fins flared out in a "Look upon my glory" and "dont mess with me" attitude. She was never aggressive, just showy. Gonna miss her beauty in that tank. The male spends most of his time hiding, and they were the biggest fish in there, so now the tank looks empty.

I decided to move the male into my 44 gal with my smaller female short finned BN. Not sure what I'll end up replacing them with, but I think for now I'm going to mourn and leave it looking empty rather than deal with quarantines right now. RIP Lady Pleco
P1050848.JPG

P1050848.JPG

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
My gorgeous albino bn did this same thing.....stirred a rock and sand during a wc and smelled something gross...low and behold, there was what was left of her :(

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Ugh...this one gets me so hard :/ why is it always the plecos ffs.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
That's too bad. If you are looking for a replacement the MAS Fish Bowl is coming up soon. There will probably be lots of them in the swap on Saturday or the auction on Sunday.

Andy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store